DIVERSIFOOD Final Congress
10 December 2018 @ 10:00 - 11 December 2018 @ 16:30
DIVERSIFOOD Final Congress:
Cultivating diversity and food quality
The DIVERSIFOOD Final Congress was held in Rennes on 10-12 December 2018. During the event, the project results and key lessons were be shared, covering 5 key concepts connected with crop diversity for resilient sustainable food systems:
- Underutilized/forgotten crops: multi-actor and on farm evaluation
- New approaches of plant breeding for diversified and sustainable farming systems
- Community biodiversity management
- Diversity and sustainability within food systems: new relationships among actors
- Paradigm shift for muti-actor and transdisciplinary research
A field visit and two practical workshops were also organized during the last day of the event.
DIVERSIFOOD Final Congress was opened for external oral speakers and poster presentations from Europe and US, to better connect sister projects and researches with DIVERSIFOOD outputs. Finding together new ways to promote diversity and food quality on both sides of the Atlantic.